Apply for the Homeowner Rehabilitation Loan Program


Q: What is the City of Clearwater Housing Rehabilitation Program?
A: The City of Clearwater Housing Rehabilitation Program is designed to primarily correct code-related deficiencies found in the home.

Q: What can I get fixed?
A: Landlords can have items repaired that a property inspector finds do not meet the city’s minimum housing code, such as a leaking or failing roof system.

Q: Do I have to repay the funds?
All funds will have to be refunded. If your household is determined to be a very low income household, the funds will be in the form of a deferred payment without interest and/or payment as long as you reside in the home as your principal residence and do not sell , lease, refinance or transfer title.

Q: How can I apply?
A: Interested persons can apply by contacting the Housing Division of the Department of Economic Development and Housing at (727) 562-4030.

Q: How long does the process take?
A: Depending on the extent of repairs and improvements to be made, the average process will take approximately six months from application to completion.

Q: Are mobile homes eligible?
A: No. The city does not help repair mobile homes.

Q: What happens if I sell my house?
A: If you sell your home, or lease, refinance, transfer title, or the home ceases to be your principal residence, the city loan will become due and payable.

Q: What is the maximum loan I can get?
A: The maximum assistance is $45,000.

For more information on the Owners Rehabilitation Program, please contact Terry Malcolm-Smith at (727) 562-4036.

Source link

Comments are closed.